Monday, February 23, 2009

Like Daughter, Like Dog

My beautiful 21 yr. old daughter has always been quite the joy...she is loveable and truly is a people person. In preschool I already knew we had a connector on our hands, she knew every persons name in her preschool class. Another amazing attribute is that she is tenacious...as a little one it was quite cute and who knew what it would develop into when it came to staying out later than curfew or acquiring a cell phone or pretty much anything else she wanted...she hung in there until she wore me or her dad or both of us down, and it was always with those beautiful eyes and that irresistable smile! As I write she is working on her dad at this moment about buying a motorcycle...it doesn't end.

Because of her tenacity, we have added a dog to the family and our poor old dog, angel has had her world turned upside down. Angel is well trained, she knows the rules and is quite content with the way things are. Now we have Bella, a 2 year old, semi trained dog with the cuteness of my daughter, but more importantly her tenacity! Bella also knows the rules, but she continues to bat her eyes, wag her tail, and keeps popping up on furniture, sneaking up the stairs, jumping on the bed, etc. until she wears us each down and gets her way. Unbelievable, just like my daughter!

The apostle James must have known or been like my daughter...how else could someone write, James 1:2-4 (NASB) 2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Endurance, tenacity...same idea! I have watched as this same quality in my daughter has helped her to press through tough times and situations, and continue hanging in there with people trusting the Lord through to the other side. There are times we all want to give up, a little tenacity, and some holy perserverance is a great thing to have, and what I really love is James promise that if we hang with it, we will be complete and lacking in nothing! It is working for my daughter and Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment